Peakbagger.com Search Page
Radius Search from Sheepbed Peak
Peak Search Help
- Use this option to search for a certain peak, quickly listing all peaks that match your search string.
- For Peak Search, you must enter at least three characters.
- Do not enter any wildcard characters--the search automatically searches any part of a name.
- Do not abbreviate any words. Type "Mount Saint Helens", not "Mt. St. Helens".
- The maximum number of search results for any Peak Search is about 100.
- For common peak names, you can filter by selecting a Nation and/or State from the drop-down lists. Select a blank row to clear this filter.
- Searching is not case-sensitive and ignores all accents and diacritics.
- The results are in order of how many page hits a Peak has received on this site, so the most popular results should be listed first.
Radius Search Help
- This will return a list all nearest peaks to a point, ordered by distance from the given point.
- For Radius Search, use WGS84 decimal degrees for latitude and longitude. South latitude and west longitude are negative. For example: 47.5, -122.84
- Radius Search results will only find peaks within 100 km of the latitude/longitude, and only the closest 20 peaks if there are more than 20.
- To do a Radius Search around a peak, do a "Peak/Range Search" first, and the results will have a "Radius Search" link for every returned peak.
- Checking one of the "Ladder" boxes will return a list of peaks in ascending order of elevation or prominence, starting from the given point.
- Every page for an individual peak on the site has a "Radius Search" link, plus links for the Elevation and Prominence Ladders.
Mountain Range Search Help
- Use this option to search for a mountain range. The rules for searching match those used for a Peak Search.
Site Search Help
- Use this option to search for text in trip reports, peak descriptions, or any other text on the site.
- The Site Search may not have indexed recently added or updated content.