Peakbagging Page for Joel Wilner
Personal Climb Logs
The links below take you to dynamically generated lists of Joel Wilner's peakbagging activity.
- Ascent List: List of Joel Wilner's hikes, climbs, summits, and attempts.
- Peak List: List of distinct summits attained, with peak statistics. Includes a peak's "Personal Isolation".
- List of Lists: Peakbagging Lists that Joel Wilner is pursuing, showing progress for each list by number and percent of peaks climbed.
- Trip Report Index: Same as the main climb list, but only showing climbs with trip reports and/or GPS Tracks.
- Unsuccessful Ascent List: A badge of honor for real climbers--lessons learned when turning back.
- Multiple Ascents List: A listing of all peaks climbed more than once.
- Progressive Peak List: Time-ordered progressive lists for eight different metrics.
- Peak Pairs, First Ascents, and Unique Peaks: Peaks and peak pairs that no other registered site users have climbed, plus first ascents.
- Master Peak Map: Interactive worldwide map showing all peaks climbed, color-coded by elevation or prominence.
Reports showing a climber's buddies and other climbers. Click for More Info
Lists personally created by Joel Wilner. (Search for Lists from other climbers).
- Personal Lists: Shows all lists created by Joel Wilner. Includes Query Lists created using the Query Tool, and "Pick-and-Choose" Lists created by selecting individual peaks.
- Search for Lists: Search across all lists hosted on the site, both "main" lists and those created by all climbers.
- No Wish List created yet.
Time-Period Summary Reports
These reports show number of peaks climbed, highest point reached, and other statistics grouped by year or month.
User Created Content
US County High Point Links
Joel Wilner has self-identified as interested in climbing to the high points of counties in the United States.
Mid-20s New England-based hiker, mountaineer, and geologist working primarily on U.S. state highpoints, Canadian province/territory highpoints, and world country highpoints. Additional interests include U.S. national park highpoints, prominence-based world peakbagging, and creating new geologically-defined peakbagging lists. Outside of the U.S., I hope to focus my peakbagging and travel efforts in the polar regions.
I am the ~635th person to complete the contiguous U.S. state highpoints, according to the Highpointers Club.
Independent countries visited: 33 of 197
U.S. states visited: 49 of 50 (missing Hawaii)
Canadian provinces/territories visited: 11 of 13 (missing Manitoba & Northwest Territories)
Favorite climb: Velika Rudoka, Kosovo/North Macedonia
Hardest climb (by endurance): Gannett Peak, Wyoming
Hardest climb (by technicality): Granite Peak, Montana
Most scenic climb: Mount Moore, Alaska
Coldest climb: Nordenskiöldfjellet, Svalbard
Hottest climb: Great Dune, Colorado
Quick Top 10 Lists/Peaks