Peakbagging Page for Lanny Wexler
Personal Climb Logs
The links below take you to dynamically generated lists of Lanny Wexler's peakbagging activity.
- Ascent List: List of Lanny Wexler's hikes, climbs, summits, and attempts.
- Peak List: List of distinct summits attained, with peak statistics. Includes a peak's "Personal Isolation".
- List of Lists: Peakbagging Lists that Lanny Wexler is pursuing, showing progress for each list by number and percent of peaks climbed.
- Trip Report Index: Same as the main climb list, but only showing climbs with trip reports and/or GPS Tracks.
- Unsuccessful Ascent List: A badge of honor for real climbers--lessons learned when turning back.
- Multiple Ascents List: A listing of all peaks climbed more than once.
- Progressive Peak List: Time-ordered progressive lists for eight different metrics.
- Peak Pairs, First Ascents, and Unique Peaks: Peaks and peak pairs that no other registered site users have climbed, plus first ascents.
- Master Peak Map: Interactive worldwide map showing all peaks climbed, color-coded by elevation or prominence.
Reports showing a climber's buddies and other climbers. Click for More Info
Lists personally created by Lanny Wexler. (Search for Lists from other climbers).
- Personal Lists: Shows all lists created by Lanny Wexler. Includes Query Lists created using the Query Tool, and "Pick-and-Choose" Lists created by selecting individual peaks.
- Search for Lists: Search across all lists hosted on the site, both "main" lists and those created by all climbers.
- No Wish List created yet.
Time-Period Summary Reports
These reports show number of peaks climbed, highest point reached, and other statistics grouped by year or month.
User Created Content
US County High Point Links
Lanny Wexler has self-identified as interested in climbing to the high points of counties in the United States.
I enjoy exploring new places. I love the freedom and beauty of the outdoors, being at peace with nature and the thrill of accomplishment that each climb brings.
Here is a summary of my accomplishments:
44 US Highpoints
248 County Highpoints (First Connecticut County Completer)
Completed all County Highpoints in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Delaware and New Jersey
Highest Mountain Climbed to Date Mt Whitney, CA August 26, 2011
Most Memorable Climb Mt Sinai, Israel July 31-August 1, 1978
Climbed Mount Sinai (then Israel) July 31-August 1, 1978
Northeast 111er (Completed August 6, 1995)
Adirondack 46er (Completed August 5, 1990)
Catskill 3500 Member Summer (Completed June 28, 1987) and Winter (Completed January 6, 1990)
Fifth Person to hike Long Path from NYC to Altamont, NY (completed Sept 1998)
Highest Point Attained Mt Whitney, CA 14,495 feet -August 26, 2011 Other major peaks include Wheeler Peak, NM, Mt Elbert, CO, Kings Peak, UT, Humphreys Peak, AZ,Boundary Peak, NV & Borah Peak, ID
Completed Vermont's Long Trail (Completed August 26, 2012)
Hiked the Tour du Mont Blanc through France, Italy, and Switzerland
Hiked 55% of Appalachian Trail
Visited Antarctica (March 2-7, 2000)
Bicycle/Pedestrian Coordinator for the New York State Department of Transportation, Region 10 - Long Island. Responsible for signing 138 miles of new bike routes on Long Island, production of Long Island Bikeways and Trailways Map and managing bicycle locker program.
Quick Top 10 Lists/Peaks