Ascent of Cherry Creek Benchmark on 2015-06-14
|Others in Party:||Anji Cerney|
----Only Party on Mountain
|Date:||Sunday, June 14, 2015|
|Ascent Type:||Successful Summit Attained|
| Motorized Transport to Trailhead:||4x4 Vehicle|
|Peak:||Cherry Creek Benchmark|
| Elevation:||10522 ft / 3207 m|
Ascent Trip ReportAfter a couple of challenging drives, I really appreciated the mild drive to this trailhead. I have a couple of minor updates from past reports.
1. There were a couple of areas up the canyon that looked better for camping that the recommended one at the base (2018m).
2. We did not see the lower ruins mentioned in earlier reports
3. The upper ruin (the one on the topo map) is there, but is easy to miss if you are hiking up the right (east) side of the canyon.
4. The bushwhacking area was thankfully fairly short.
5. The "dead-fall" area was not bad - there was plenty of dead wood, but mostly branches that could be easily walked on as opposed to trees one had to hurdle over.
6. The wash now goes clearly all the way to the pass
If you leave early enough (we left around 6am), there are only small sections of the ascent where you are in direct sunlight (it gets warm quickly).
Note: do not look too closely at the GPS track- the canyon is tight enough that the GPS was approximate
|Summary Total Data|
| Total Elevation Gain:||2976 ft / 907 m|
| Round-Trip Distance:||5.4 mi / 8.7 km|
| Route:||Enchequer Canyon|
| Trailhead:||Road @ 2300m 7546 ft / 2300 m|
| Quality:||3 (on a subjective 1-10 scale)|
| Route Conditions:||Road Hike, Unmaintained Trail, Open Country, Bushwhack|
| Gear Used:||Ski Poles|
| Time:||2 Hours 45 Minutes|
| Time:||1 Hours 30 Minutes|
|GPS Data for Ascent/Trip|
GPS Waypoints - Hover or click to see name and lat/long
Peaks: climbed and unclimbed by Eric Kassan
Click Here for a Full Screen Map
Note: GPS Tracks may not be accurate, and may not show the best route. Do not follow this route blindly. Conditions change frequently. Use of a GPS unit in the outdoors, even with a pre-loaded track, is no substitute for experience and good judgment. Peakbagger.com accepts NO responsibility or liability from use of this data.
Download this GPS track as a GPX file
This page has been served 325 times since 2005-01-15.