Ascent of Spectre Peak on 2020-02-18
|Others in Party:||Stav Basis -- Trip Report or GPS Track|
|Date:||Tuesday, February 18, 2020|
|Ascent Type:||Successful Summit Attained|
| Elevation:||4482 ft / 1366 m|
Ascent Trip Reportstavislost.com
I really loved Aqua + Spectre, which provide a delightfully long boulder hop through a fun “Flintstones landscape”.
Stav & I set out for Aqua/Spectre/Dyadic with plans to drop Dyadic if it proved to be too difficult and risky going gearless.
Spoiler: dat shit sketch
Route beta for this duo (and all DPS summits for that matter):
1. Follow the vast desert for a few too many miles.
2. Enter a rocky wash
3. Hike up the wash until you reach the ridge
4. Follow the ridge to the summit for boring 360 degree desert views in every direction
5. And expect Bob Burd to have already beat you to it, 5x
6. Return the same exact way or risk getting cliffed out
7. Also anything in CA/Mojave that is rated C3 is actually C5. Make sure you bring your gear! Full trad rack.
...OK fine that last one was a bit of an exaggeration. More like C4.
|Summary Total Data|
| Total Elevation Gain:||2755 ft / 839 m|
| Gain on way in:||2755 ft / 839 m|
| Distance:||15.4 mi / 24.8 km|
| Start Trailhead:||1727 ft / 526 m|
|GPS Data for Ascent/Trip|
GPS Waypoints - Hover or click to see name and lat/long
Peaks: climbed and unclimbed by Whiley Hall
Click Here for a Full Screen Map
Note: GPS Tracks may not be accurate, and may not show the best route. Do not follow this route blindly. Conditions change frequently. Use of a GPS unit in the outdoors, even with a pre-loaded track, is no substitute for experience and good judgment. Peakbagger.com accepts NO responsibility or liability from use of this data.
Download this GPS track as a GPX file
This page has been served 46 times since 2005-01-15.