Peakbagging Page for Thomas Sakowych
Personal Climb Logs
The links below take you to dynamically generated lists of Thomas Sakowych's peakbagging activity.
- Ascent List: List of Thomas Sakowych's hikes, climbs, summits, and attempts.
- Peak List: List of distinct summits attained, with peak statistics. Includes a peak's "Personal Isolation".
- List of Lists: Peakbagging Lists that Thomas Sakowych is pursuing, showing progress for each list by number and percent of peaks climbed.
- Trip Report Index: Same as the main climb list, but only showing climbs with trip reports and/or GPS Tracks.
- Unsuccessful Ascent List: A badge of honor for real climbers--lessons learned when turning back.
- Multiple Ascents List: A listing of all peaks climbed more than once.
- Progressive Peak List: Time-ordered progressive lists for eight different metrics.
- Peak Pairs, First Ascents, and Unique Peaks: Peaks and peak pairs that no other registered site users have climbed, plus first ascents.
- Master Peak Map: Interactive worldwide map showing all peaks climbed, color-coded by elevation or prominence.
Reports showing a climber's buddies and other climbers. Click for More Info
Lists personally created by Thomas Sakowych. (Search for Lists from other climbers).
- No Custom Queries Entered Yet.
- Search for Lists: Search across all lists hosted on the site, both "main" lists and those created by all climbers.
- No Wish List created yet.
Time-Period Summary Reports
These reports show number of peaks climbed, highest point reached, and other statistics grouped by year or month.
Degreed engineer 1977. First inspiration.
Mountaineering since 1991. My real inspiration. First by all means.
First backpack trip 1984 to upper Cottonwoods Lake in the High Sierras (Sierra Club Trip).
First Mountaineering training 1986 Sierra Club BMTC.
First Sierra Peak attempt- Mt.Mcadie 1986 - failure (Dave Dykeman SPS led trip).
First Sierra Peak climbed 1991 Homers Nose (Sierra Club led trip by Ron Jones).
I have climbed with some of the best mountaineers in the business. Professionally trained by:
1. Sierra club - BMTC, Snow Climbing/Travel for leadership checkoff, Rock Climbing.
2. Sierra Mountaineering International - all aspects of mountaineering by seven summiteer Kurt Wedberg.
3. Yosemitee Mountaineering Guide
4. All the leaders of the Sierra Club who left their mark with me. Dave Dykeman, RJ Secor, Ron Jones, Dave Petzold, Ron Hudson, Mirna and Greg Roach, Larry Tidball, Doug Mantle, Randal Danta, Nancy Gordon and others.
Quick Top 10 Lists/Peaks