Donald Tops - Multiple Ascents Grid
Subsidiary Summits over 2000' in Scottish Lowlands
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Jason Potkay, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
Peakbagging as we know it was invented in Britain, and there is a very long and rich long tradition of compiling hill lists.. The goal of this web site is to show a representative subset of some of the better-known lists from UK and Ireland in a global context, and not to be an exhaustive resource. There are countless other online destinations for information and ascent tracking in the British hills.
In compiling these lists, I used the Database of British and Irish Hills (DoBIH), Version 14.1, to supplement the data that had long been in the Peakbagger database. Thanks are also due to Alan Dawson, Chris Crocker, Rob Woodall, and Peter Stone for helpful comments and review of UK/Ireland data on this site.
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Jason Potkay = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 258615 times since 2004-11-01.