Trailwright New Hampshire 4000 footers - Multiple Ascents Grid
Showing all of Sandy Sherman's ascent dates (max 10 rounds) (Overall: 55 out of 72, or 76.39%)
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Sandy Sherman, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
To complete this list, you must follow a unique rule that I have not heard used before--only one summit bagged per trip is permitted. So, for example, you cannot climb Adams, Madsion, Sam Adams, etc, in one dayhike and count them all, which most hikers could easily do. You must make separate trips, one for each peak. This means that most hikers will need 72 days of hiking to complete this list.
Also, since this list was created by a trail maintenace organization, you must also donate some trail work time before being considered a list completer.
Peakbagger.com does not track these special conditions, but the list is still presented since it is a reasonably comprehensive list of all New Hampshire 4000 footers with many subsidiary peaks.
Selected Guidebook(s) for this List AMC White Mountain Guide, 28th Edition (Smith, Daniell)
Caution: These books feature many of the peaks on this list, but may not have information on all of them.
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Sandy Sherman = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 697122 times since 2004-11-01.