AMC New England 4000-footers - Multiple Ascents Grid
Showing all of Julie Rising's ascent dates (max 10 rounds) (Overall: 21 out of 67, or 31.34%)
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Julie Rising, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
Note that this list is not the same as the mathematically-derived New England 4000-footer Threshold List also hosted on this site. This is the official AMC list, which appears to have a couple of inconsistencies in the way peaks are included on the list related to prominence data on the USGS topographic maps.
The AMC list does not include the Nose on Mount Mansfield nor Mount Guyot, both of which appear to have the necessary 160 feet of clean prominence (200 feet optimistic). But it does include South Hancock, with 159 feet (199 optimistic) of prominence. Perhaps the AMC has better survey information not present on the USGS maps.
Links Official AMC New England 4000-footer list
Selected Guidebook(s) for this List AMC White Mountain Guide, 28th Edition (Smith, Daniell)
Caution: These books feature many of the peaks on this list, but may not have information on all of them.
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Julie Rising = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 796271 times since 2004-11-01.