Mountaineers Irish Cabin Peaks - Multiple Ascents Grid
Showing all of Dawn Deriso's ascent dates (max 10 rounds) (Overall: 3 out of 24, or 12.5%)
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Dawn Deriso, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
The Irish Cabin was a Mountaineers Lodge on the Mowich Lake Road, just inside Mount Rainier National Park. It was torn down in 1978, but it's site is still used as a meeting point for the Tacoma Mountaineers. The cabin was a base for hikes and climbs in the north and west foothills of Mount Ranier, and the 24 peaks on this list are all relatively low summits in the great shadow of "The Mountain".
You can earn the first Irish Cabin Peaks Pin by climbing any 12 peaks on this list, and the second pin by climbing the remaining 12. While none of these summits are mountaineering objectives on the order of Mount Rainier itself, most of them are moderately challenging scrambles into alpine terrain. Views of Mount Rainier from all of these summits are suberb, as you have a front-row seat to the exceptionally impressive northern flanks of the greatest single peak in the United States outside Alaska.
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Dawn Deriso = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 873188 times since 2004-11-01.