California Fire Lookouts - Multiple Ascents Grid
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Dale York, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
This list is a collection of about 500 fire lookout sites, both past and present. The list tends to favor the actual peak high point over the lookout site when the two are different. Ideally, both the peak high point and the lookout site should be visited.
This list is dedicated to Fred Johnson, who visited 270 of its lookouts and wrote many excellent trip reports. Special thanks to Richard Carey, who had already created such a list at his site, Peakbagging.com. Two peaks on that list are the same (Duncan Peak & Little Bald Mtn, and Hoover & Oak Ridge), bringing the list here down to a total of 504 peaks.
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Dale York = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 143589 times since 2004-11-01.