Wyoming County High Points - Multiple Ascents Grid
|Rank||Geography||Peak|| Elev-Ft || Prom-Ft ||Total||Round 1|
|1.||Fremont||Gannett Peak||13,804||7076|| || |
|1.||Sublette||Gannett Peak||13,804||7076|| || |
|3.||Teton||Grand Teton||13,770||6530|| || |
|4.||Big Horn||Cloud Peak||13,167||7067|| || |
|4.||Johnson||Cloud Peak||13,167||7067|| || |
|6.||Park||Francs Peak||13,153||4056|| || |
|7.||Hot Springs||Washakie Needles||12,518||1347|| || |
|8.||Albany||Medicine Bow Peak||12,013||3233|| || |
|9.||Carbon||Medicine Bow Peak-West Ridge||11,920||0|| || |
|10.||Lincoln||Wyoming Peak||11,378||3538|| || |
|11.||Sheridan||Sheridan County High Point||11,020||780|| || |
|12.||Uinta||Elizabeth Mountain-Northeast Ridge||9780||20|| || |
|13.||Washakie||Washakie County High Point||9600||120|| || |
|14.||Sweetwater||Pine Mountain||9550||1273|| || |
|15.||Converse||Warbonnet Peak||9414||1734|| || |
|16.||Natrona||Mine Benchmark||9121||1721|| || |
|17.||Laramie||Twin Mountains||8146||356|| || |
|18.||Platte||Platte County High Point||7220||0|| || |
|19.||Crook||Cement Ridge||6674||554|| || |
|20.||Weston||Weston County High Point||6620||0|| || |
|21.||Goshen||Goshen County High Point||6120||940|| || |
|22.||Niobrara||Niobrara County High Point||6100||495|| || |
|23.||Campbell||North Butte||6052||832|| || |
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Jason Potkay, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
Bob Packard was first to complete this list, in 1998. The Washakie Needles summit is considered the toughest on this list, harder than the famous peaks of Gannett and the Grand Teton.
- Personal research prior to 1995 had determined about half of these points, and added all information on individual peak pages.
- Book County High Points by Andy Martin; list compiled 1992 by Andy Martin.
Links Wyoming County High Points
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Jason Potkay = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 1314014 times since 2004-11-01.