Iran Province High Points - Multiple Ascents Grid
The "Simorgh" List
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Dale York, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
This list is similar to other state/province lists on this site, listing the highest point in each of Iran's 31 provinces. Iran is a very mountainous country with a huge variety of peaks and ranges, and this list highlights many of the excellent alpine experiences available while touring and trekking in Iran.
Note that the Mountaineering Federation of Iran has officially adopted a "Simorgh province high point" list that differs from the one presented here by one peak. Even though the high peak of Dena (Ghashmastan) is on the border of Isfahan and Kohgiluyeh provinces, and the high point of both, the Federation list includes Shahankuh as the Isfahan peak. This summit is the highest in the northern part of the province, and adding it to the list removes a duplicate listing.
In the future, a separate official Simorgh list may be added to this site, as a "Club List", since it is technically no longer a strict high point list if the Shahankuh substitution is made.
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Dale York = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
This page has been served 4978 times since 2004-11-01.