Washington State Peaks with 2000 feet of Prominence
Showing Greg Slayden's first ascent dates for climbed peaks (79 out of 144, or 54.86%)
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
This list showcases the incredible variety of peaks that blanket the state of Washington. Unlike the "100 Highest" or "Bulger" list, which is disproportionately focused on the North Cascades, this list covers peaks in every corner of the state, and all of them are dominant peaks in their vicinity, like high-prominence peaks worldwide.
Snowy giants like Rainier and Baker get most of the attention, but there are a number of summits on this list that are considered more difficult due to brushy approaches, steep rock faces, and other wilderness obstacles. Chimney Rock, with 5.6 rock climbing, is often cited as the hardest peak on this list from a technical standpoint.
Note that the unranked peaks on this list have less than 2000 feet of clean prominece, but they do have 2000 feet or more of optimistic prominence. These unranked peaks are "error range" summits, and some of them may have a very good chance of being over the cutoff. Some climbers elect to ascend these unranked peaks for the sake of completeness.
- Book County High Points by Andy Martin; list compiled 2000 by Edward Earl, Jeff Howbert, Andy Martin, and John Roper.
- List generation helped by Edward Earl's WinProm program.
- Posts made to the Yahoo Prominence Group online forum by above authors.
- Jeff Howbert's web site (see external link below).
- Prominence values in this list may not agree 100% with sources, due to different interpretations of key col spot elevations and out-dated peak elevations in the PBC Database.
Links Northwest Peakbagger's Asylum - Jeff Howbert
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Greg Slayden = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 736980 times since 2004-11-01.
Questions/Comments/Corrections? See the Contact Page
Copyright © 1987-2015 by Peakbagger.com. All Rights Reserved.