Peakbagging Page for Micah Stiegler
Personal Climb Logs
The links below take you to dynamically generated lists of Micah Stiegler's peakbagging activity.
- Ascent List: List of Micah Stiegler's hikes, climbs, summits, and attempts.
- Peak List: List of distinct summits attained, with peak statistics. Includes a peak's "Personal Isolation".
- List of Lists: Peakbagging Lists that Micah Stiegler is pursuing, showing progress for each list by number and percent of peaks climbed.
- Trip Report Index: Same as the main climb list, but only showing climbs with trip reports and/or GPS Tracks.
- Unsuccessful Ascent List: A badge of honor for real climbers--lessons learned when turning back.
- Multiple Ascents List: A listing of all peaks climbed more than once.
- Master Peak Map: Interactive worldwide map showing all peaks climbed, color-coded by elevation or prominence.
Reports showing a climber's buddies and other climbers. Click for More Info
Lists personally created by Micah Stiegler. Click for More Info
- Custom Query Lists: Lists created by Micah Stiegler using the Query Tool.
- Life List: A master "bucket list" of peaks, a combination of proudest past ascents and most-desired future ascents.
- Wish List: A list of unclimbed peaks that are high-priority and/or have immediate climbing plans.
Time-Period Summary Reports
These reports show number of peaks climbed, highest point reached, and other statistics grouped by year or month.
US County High Point Links
Micah Stiegler has self-identified as interested in climbing to the high points of counties in the United States.
I've been climbing since I was a child; got AMS for the first time when I was 5 hiking in the Rockies. Since then I've been around the world exploring & experiencing the many cultures the earth has to offer as well as (of course) the many varying climbs & the challenges each one poses.
And while conquering a summit is an extreme thrill, I still believe that you should focus on the journey, not just the destination. It's a package deal.
My favorite climbs are the ones I start with a single step. And every climb is different.
I like the virgins that make me earn it for one reason or another. But I also like the veterans that still give me a new experience every time I climb them. Variety is the spice of life. Carpe Diem.
Some of the most challenging, yet rewarding climbs of my life have not been very glorious in terms of elevation gained, recognition from peers, distance traveled, bragging rights, extreme weather endured, etc, etc... I could care less.
Each ascent and each descent means something to me. Even a small boulder can pose it's own challenges. And it's all worth it in the end.
Each climb is a unique adventure. And that's all that matters.
Keep traveling, keep exploring, keep living. Make good friends, make good experiences, make good memories.
Quick Top 10 Lists/Peaks
Questions/Comments/Corrections? See the Contact Page
Copyright © 1987-2013 by Peakbagger.com. All Rights Reserved.