Peakbagging Page for Matthew Nelson
Personal Climb Logs
The links below take you to dynamically generated lists of Matthew Nelson's peakbagging activity.
- Ascent List: List of Matthew Nelson's hikes, climbs, summits, and attempts.
- Peak List: List of distinct summits attained, with peak statistics. Includes a peak's "Personal Isolation".
- List of Lists: Peakbagging Lists that Matthew Nelson is pursuing, showing progress for each list by number and percent of peaks climbed.
- Trip Report Index: Same as the main climb list, but only showing climbs with trip reports and/or GPS Tracks.
- Unsuccessful Ascent List: A badge of honor for real climbers--lessons learned when turning back.
- Multiple Ascents List: A listing of all peaks climbed more than once.
- Master Peak Map: Interactive worldwide map showing all peaks climbed, color-coded by elevation or prominence.
Reports showing a climber's buddies and other climbers. Click for More Info
Lists personally created by Matthew Nelson. Click for More Info
- Custom Query Lists: Lists created by Matthew Nelson using the Query Tool.
- No Life List entered yet.
- Wish List: A list of unclimbed peaks that are high-priority and/or have immediate climbing plans.
Time-Period Summary Reports
These reports show number of peaks climbed, highest point reached, and other statistics grouped by year or month.
I grew up in Golden, Colorado, though I didn't hike much there. I attended the University of Colorado, and moved to Boston MA after graduation. As soon as I moved away from the mountains, I immediately began to miss them. Now I would spend every weekend in the mountains if I could. I am looking to gain experience in winter climbing and ice climbing.
I am currently a mechanical engineer working near Providence, living in Watertown MA.
I hike mostly with people from my church(www.CFCFBoston.org, Brighton MA) but am always looking for hiking/camping/climbing partners around New England. Feel free to e-mail me if you want to get together for a hike or a rock climb. I have met alot of great people hiking, and I would love to meet more around New England. If you ever need a partner for snowshoeing or ice climbing, I'd love to go any time.
Working on cars (2000 4Runner, I bought a lemon, fixing it up)
Snowshoeing and Ice climbing
My most memorable climbs:
Mt Yale: My first 14er
Mt Harvard: Best views I have ever seen, anywhere
Me on Summit of Mt Harvard CO
Joel and me (white hat) near the summit of Mt Lafayette in NH.
Quick Top 10 Lists/Peaks
Questions/Comments/Corrections? See the Contact Page
Copyright © 1987-2013 by Peakbagger.com. All Rights Reserved.