Ascent of South Crocker Mountain on 2013-09-14
|Date:||Saturday, September 14, 2013|
|Ascent Type:||Successful Summit Attained|
|Peak:||South Crocker Mountain|
| Elevation:||4040 ft / 1231 m|
Ascent Trip ReportFinally made it up Redington! Came in from Caribou Valley Road, and then up the AT Northbound. There is a herd path that goes from the summit of South Crocker to Red that is about 2.5 miles round trip. From the car to south crocker to red, it's about 7 miles round trip. You can include Crocker for an extra mile each way. All in all, if you want all three, here are the steps to take:
1) Get to Caribou Valley Road. Drive as far as you can before the broken bridge, a bit over 4 miles from the main road. Park in the parking lot near the jersey barriers.
2) Walk south along the road until you get to the AT crossing. Go Northbound (right). Once you get to South Crocker, follow the herd path from the summit to the AT boundary swath. Take a right, and find the herd path to Redington at 45d02.122m, -70d22.622m
3) Follow the herd path to a road at 45d01.797m, -70d23.017m. From here, walk uphill from the road a small bit to 45d01.729m,-70d22.970 where the herd path goes uphill, to the right (south).
4) Follow the herd path to the summit of Red! There is a canister there.
5) Go back to S. Crocker following this in reverse. North Crocker is along the AT a mile north, over an easy trail. Car is 2.2 miles away.
This page has been served 100 times since 2005-01-15.
Questions/Comments/Corrections? See the Contact Page
Copyright © 1987-2015 by Peakbagger.com. All Rights Reserved.