Ascent of Sahale Peak on 2012-08-11
|Date:||Saturday, August 11, 2012|
|Ascent Type:||Successful Summit Attained|
| Elevation:||8680 ft / 2645 m|
Ascent Trip ReportBoealps Summer Climb Series. Nice sunny weather for the climb. 12 hours to climb car to car from Cascade Pass trailhead.
Sahale Trip Plan:
1. Cameron Chen
2. Matthew E Gajda
3. Matthew E Gajda’s Student
4. Ryan Smoots
5. Stephen Smoots
6. Angelene McDaniel
7. Ian Brody
8. Evelyne Van Ingelghem
9. Ken Noblit
10. John Gowan
11. Cathy Hawkins (planning to stop below the glacier)
12. Morten Hansen
7 AM (meet at the trailhead, we will leave about 7:15’ish).
Saturday August 11
3 Hours from Seattle.
It is about 23 miles SE of Marblemount, which is a 1 hour drive.
The Hike Statistics:
• 13 Hours round trip (6-8 hours to the summit—we have a large group).
• 35+ Switchbacks on easy trail, cross country on a ridge, followed by a small glacier, ending in a class 4/5.0 one pitch climb.
• We will start at Cascade Pass, and climb up the Sahale Arm.
• 5100 feet of elevation gain.
Summit treat to share
Matt – 1 rope + sling
Morten – 1 rope + sling + 6 pieces of pro
Evelyne – 1 rope + sling
|Summary Total Data|
| Weather:||nice and sunny|
This page has been served 175 times since 2005-01-15.
Questions/Comments/Corrections? See the Contact Page
Copyright © 1987-2014 by Peakbagger.com. All Rights Reserved.