Peakbagging Page for Ryan Courtney
Personal Climb Logs
The links below take you to dynamically generated lists of Ryan Courtney's peakbagging activity.
- Ascent List: List of Ryan Courtney's hikes, climbs, summits, and attempts.
- Peak List: List of distinct summits attained, with peak statistics. Includes a peak's "Personal Isolation".
- List of Lists: Peakbagging Lists that Ryan Courtney is pursuing, showing progress for each list by number and percent of peaks climbed.
- Trip Report Index: Same as the main climb list, but only showing climbs with trip reports and/or GPS Tracks.
- Unsuccessful Ascent List: A badge of honor for real climbers--lessons learned when turning back.
- Multiple Ascents List: A listing of all peaks climbed more than once.
- Master Peak Map: Interactive worldwide map showing all peaks climbed, color-coded by elevation or prominence.
Reports showing a climber's buddies and other climbers. Click for More Info
Lists personally created by Ryan Courtney. Click for More Info
- Custom Query Lists: Lists created by Ryan Courtney using the Query Tool.
- Life List: A master "bucket list" of peaks, a combination of proudest past ascents and most-desired future ascents.
- Wish List: A list of unclimbed peaks that are high-priority and/or have immediate climbing plans.
Time-Period Summary Reports
These reports show number of peaks climbed, highest point reached, and other statistics grouped by year or month.
US County High Point Links
Ryan Courtney has self-identified as interested in climbing to the high points of counties in the United States.
After my first real ascent, a 2007 climb of Mount St. Helens, I was almost exclusively a county highpointer. After two years away (2009-2010), I again call Seattle home and enjoy working on many lists, especially prominence-based, though counties will always be my first love.
My Trip Reports are almost universally unhelpful.
Lowest point reached - Badwater Basin, Death Valley
Highest point reached - 17,006' on Izta
Highest summit reached - Nevado de Toluca (15,354')
Some of my favorite trips and summits - related mostly to the epic scenery - in no specific order:
Dog Canyon Rim, NM
Various Ouachita county highpoints, AR
Quick Top 10 Lists/Peaks
Questions/Comments/Corrections? See the Contact Page
Copyright © 1987-2013 by Peakbagger.com. All Rights Reserved.